Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Left Sydney June 6, flurrying forth into the next stage of career and life.

Here's a bit of the beautiful city I left behind:














Stick around for corresponding Northern Hemisphere images... when it stops raining.
Cambridge has been very good to me so far & I've settled in to house, work & play. It's great to have my bike here - the one day of driving I've had so far has shown me I want very few more in this windey-laned burg.

I've joined the Centre for Micromechanics in the Cambridge University Engineering Department, having recently completed my PhD at University of New South Wales with the learned and esteemed Mark Hoffman. I was working there on fatigue cracks in Functionally Graded Materials, which are a type of composite structure. I also had a bit of a go at some thin films work also. Now, however, I am working on dynamic failure of lightweight sandwich panels - more about that down the track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home